AOL Mail stylized as Aol Mail is a free web-based email service provided by AOL. It’s a division of Verizon Communications. AOL is a useful platform that caters amazing applications for its users. In 2005, AOL introduced its first free Webmail service, known as AOL Mail. AOL Mail is at variance from AOL's traditional e-mail program since it doesn't entails special software and is available for free to anyone, not just AOL subscribers. AOL Mail, like other Web mail programs, runs over the Internet using standard Web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.
The service is sometimes referred to as AIM Mail where “AIM” stands for AOL Instant Messenger. AOL Mail gives you a custom-made mail experience to connect with your friends and family. Here’s everything you need to know about AOL Mail.
1. Email attachment limit: 25 MB.
2. Max mailbox size: 1,000 new messages, 4,000 old messages
3. Supported protocols: POP3, SMTP, IMAP.
4. Link to other email accounts from other service providers (such as Gmail and Hotmail).
5. Spam protection
6. Virus protection
7. Spell checking
8. Email unsent capability (for mails sent to another AOL or AIM mailbox)
9. Along with these basic features, AOL Mail proffers numerous advanced features.
1. The AIM panel opens an entrenched AOL Instant Messenger window on the screen's right side of the screen.
2. You can configure AOL Mail to automatically log you into AIM when you open the e-mail program.
3. The AIM panel comprised of all the basic AIM features.
4. The “To Do” panel opens up your To Do list, to which you can put in new tasks and due dates.
5. The Events panel is tied to the Calendar application.
6. Upcoming Calendar events appear in the Event panel.
7. Click the link to create a Calendar entry, which will appear both in the Calendar application and the Events panel.
8. A Blog link is located next to the Calendar and To Do links.
9. This generates an entry in your AOL Journal, a free blog service included with all AOL Mail accounts.
10. After clicking the Blog link, fill in the subject and body of the blog posting, plus any relevant tags and then click Save.
11. Use and customize features in the AOL app for Android
12. Make the most of your experience with the AOL app. Learn how to access your video, web, and weather settings.
13. With so many options available, you’ll spend less time going back to your desktop.
14. Watch live NFL games
15. Choose a video channel
16. Change your weather location
17. Search the web from the AOL app
18. Adjust the video auto play settings
1. Ample of Contacts Storage
2. AOL is also providing 24 hours live technical assistance to help on call to the user.
3. If we are already connected through the internet and we don’t want to use AOL dial-up Connection.
4. Data Security
5. AOL provides some free services which we illustrate below
6. Free Email Account accessible at mail.aol.com
7. Free AOL.com
8. Free AOL Search.
Prior to signing up with the AOL mail, ensure that the configuration settings for the mail are appropriate. Verify the settings from the device with the settings mentioned below. In case the settings are not the same, modify the settings manually and then try signing up with AOL mail.
1. Server Address: smtp.aol.com
2. Username: Your AOL Mail screen name (e.g. whatever comes before @aol.com)
3. Password: Your AOL Mail password
4. Port Number: 587 (With TLS)
5. Alternative Port Number: 465 (With SSL)
6. Authentication: Required
7. Sending Limits: 500 Emails a day or 100 connections a day.
1. Protocol: POP 3
2. Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.aol.com
3. POP3 Settings: POP3-995-SSL
4. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
5. Port Settings: SMTP-465-SSL
1. Protocol: IMAP
2. Incoming Mail Server (IMAP): imap.aol.com
3. Port Settings: IMAP-993-SSL
4. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
5. Port Settings: SMTP-465-SSL
In order to take advantage of the various services and features offered by AOL mail you need to know about the Sign up procedure to start with.
1. Launch your browser
2. Go to “www.aol.com”.
3. Click on “Login/ Join” icon
4. Click on join.
5. Click on join.
6. Click on the Create Account button which is just below of Next button
7. AOL sign-up window will appear
8. Specify all details into this AOL sign-up form
9. Click on the continue button.
10. Verify your mobile number by entering the OTP which AOL has sent to you.
11. You will now be able to see your own AOL mail Account.
12. The screen will prompt “You have successfully created the AOL account”.
13. Click to continue button, so that you can start your AOL mail service.
1. Open a Web browser
2. Navigate to aol.com.
3. Click on the "Mail" icon, which will bring you to the sign-in page.
4. Enter your username and password into the appropriate fields
5. Click “Sign in.”
AOL gives you trouble-free and very common directions in order to manage and maintain security of your account. A secure and strong password is the key to keep your account safe from malicious attacks. For that it is required to keep updating your password so that no other person can steal the access to your account
1. Initiate the process by signing in on your AOL mail account security page.
2. Proceed to and click on Change Password.
3. Enter the old password
4. After verifying set up a strong new password
5. Click on the Continue button
6. You are all set to use the AOL account.
Your password gives you access to every AOL service you use. Forgetting a single password can cost a lot as it makes you incapable of accessing the account. If you've forgotten your password, you can reset it to get back in to your AOL account.
1. Go to official site of AOL Mail
2. Go to the Sign-in Helper
3. Enter one of the account recovery items listed on screen
4. Click Continue
5. Follow the instructions given in the Sign-in Helper.
Every application has advantages and disadvantages both. With the numerous of advantages and advanced features as well, sometimes user encounters few issues or errors that requires attention. Here are a few issues encountered by the users that can be easily addressed or troubleshoot by following simple procedures. In case the issue still persists, contact Technical support.
1. Issues in Signing in or Signing up.
2. Blocked mail account.
3. Issue with sending or receiving email.
4. Road Runner not working.
5. Not able to get rid of spam.
6. Could not synchronize sub users with email.
7. Roadrunner email account locked.
8. Too much time consumption for sending and receiving emails.
9. Issues regarding the SMTP server.
10. Errors in singing in your account.
11. Syncing issues regarding the contact of roadrunner email.
12. Inbox management of your roadrunner email account.
13. Problem in resetting your password.
With the list of encountered issues, the underlying reasons that require to be cross checked and call for attention are mentioned below.
1. Issues with the server
2. Incorrect login credentials
3. Inappropriate configuration of the servers
4. Incorrect IMAP or POP settings
5. Network issues
AOL Live Technical Support is a one stop solution for all the issues encountered by the user. AOL Mail service guarantees the problem resolving in just few minutes with the help of skilled and experienced customer service executives. Addressing the customers concerns is the main motive of AOL Mail Technical Support Team
AOL Mail customer support service team is comprised of well trained and professional individuals with desired qualification and experience under the same field. All the individuals are trained and tested well for delivering the finest customer service to its customers.
1. 24 X 7 non-stop supports.
2. Immediate and straightforward solutions
3. A sturdy team of professionals.
4. Reliable supervision and support.
5. One stop for all issues.
You are just a call away from resolving your encountered issues and the helpline contact numbers are available on the website from where you can get in touch with the customer service executives to get going. Our customer service executives are available 24 X 7 and are just a call away.
AOL Mail is free web based email service proffered by AOL. AOL mail ensures high end security by using secure encryption technique for communication and data sharing via messages. AOL Mail gives you a custom-made mail experience to connect with your friends and family. AOL Mail endows its users with the ample of stupendous features and proffers easy sign ups, a free email account with massive storage, a simple account interface, customized panel, instantaneous support, 24 X 7 non-stop supports, sturdy team of professionals and reliable supervision.